Wednesday, January 31, 2007

where my girls at...


Tuesday is chorus rehearsal night, and that usually means Collin and I stay home alone with our fingers up our respective noses while Michael runs off to make beautiful music without us. Tonight was a different story, though. I invited my favorite bitches and their offspring over for some old-fashioned hangin' out time. I am SO blessed to have the friends I have. I am doubly blessed that our boys all adore each other (although I'm sure each of the guys would take serious issue with my description of their friendship as adoration... oh well. They don't read this!).
My girlfriends and I hung out in the kitchen while I cooked up some Chicken a la Christina (also known as "Chicken Parmigiana") and spaghetti with red sauce (also known as "Ragu"). The boys played upstairs until dinner time, when they finally descended utterly ravenous from their video gaming. It was a happy, joyous moment for me... sitting at my dining room table with my very best friends and our sons. I have a bench seat on one side of my table that the boys all fit on. As everyone served themselves (I cooked... the least they could do was spoon up their own grub!), we chatted about our days, life in general and what lay ahead in the week to come. The boys cracked us, and each other, up. They sang the Spongebob "F.U.N." song for us. It was a magical night.
Thank God for my girlfriends. And for Tuesday nights. We're going to make a habit of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home