Thursday, January 25, 2007

let's play survivor...

I got to play with snakes today! A local park naturalist is offering these wonderful "Survival Training" classes for homeschoolers. Today was our first time attending, but we will definitely be going back. The lesson focused on snakes... and I got to hold a foot and a half long hognosed snake while the kids made their rounds. There was a baby hognose there, too, along with a ball python. My only disappointment for the day was not being able to see the ball python since I was busy with my hognose babysitting duties. I would certainly consider adding a snake to our home zoo (and most likely a ball python), if I could only find one that was a vegetarian...

Next month's class will feature geocaching. I'll let you know how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home