Monday, February 19, 2007

ain't love grand...

My fixation of late has been relationships... and the MANY different forms they take. I marvel at who thinks they're fooling who... who gets along perfectly when it seems like they should be lining each other up in sights... what we tolerate in the name of love... the things we want desperately but simultaneously refuse to give... holding on when we know we shouldn't... letting go when we're not ready... the secrets we'll keep... the ones we won't.
The complexity of the "dance" keeps us sane and drives us mad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

Amen to that. I totally agree, especially about 'the secrets we'll keep...the ones we won't'.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger ac said...

I've always thought the secrets we most want to keep are the ones it might be in our best interest to get out in the light of day. Of course, it helps a bunch if we have an understnading, nonjudgemental person to tell them too. One who likes us in spite of ourselves. HA!
Gawd, relationships are a minefield. I tend to tell all and let the chips fall where they may. I don't need someone who doesn't accept/like me... warts and all.
BTW, hi and thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I'll try to keep doing whatever I did to earn me the right to sit in that very cool spot! ac

Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

I'm not sure if I like this picture. I was very honest once with the wrong person and this picture reminds me of the relationship.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger austere said...

lovely. JUST lovely.

Monday, March 05, 2007 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

It gives a whole new definition to "being played", doesn't it?

Monday, March 05, 2007 9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home