Monday, January 01, 2007

shake it like a polaroid picture...



I have to admit, looking back at 2006 leaves me struggling with quite a few very diverse emotions. Happiness... we moved into our new home, Collin has grown from a wonderful little boy into an amazing young man, I made (or strengthened) some incredible friendships, Michael found success--both personally and professionally, my teen homeschooling group grew by leaps and bounds, my little brother got married, and the Gators made it to the National Championship, just to name a few. Regret... friendships I should have nurtured fell to the wayside, not spending the time I should have on homeschooling studies, missing my neices' birthday parties, not spending the time I should have on myself. Relief... FINALLY getting the most pressing of our house issues resolved, figuring out what was causing Casey's health issues, the 2006 elections, not dying, finding out that Grey's Anatomy re-runs would be aired before the rest of the season continued. Sorrow... losing my Aunt Phyllis, discovering my Aunt Jean had passed away in 2004, Michael being really sick in October, missing Mr. James AKA the "Waving Man of Sunbeam Road", finding out our friend Jane has pancreatic cancer. Pride... Michael named Interim Director of the Big Orange Chorus, Collin playing sports again and becoming the defensive all-star of his team, seeing Jax Home Schooled High Schoolers double it's membership from last year. Blessed... that my husband loves me the way he does, that my son has become this truly amazing young man, that I have a large and caring extended family, for the friends I have, for the life I am afforded, just to be.

Things I will do in 2007:

  • Love unconditionally.
  • Travel someplace I never planned on going.
  • Make peace with my body.
  • Go more places with my family.
  • Be a better teacher.
  • Read more.
  • Make more art.
  • Find more homeschooling moms like me.
  • Focus on the health of my family.
  • Do more to educate others about the ongoing genocide in Darfur.
  • Go to more concerts and live shows.
  • Go to the pool and beach more often.
  • Spend more time with my nieces and nephews.
  • Be a better me.

Things I won't do in 2007:

  • Blog about how I'm going to try to be more faithful about posting regularly.

Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home