Wednesday, December 27, 2006

growing... going...



I know it's a cliche thing to say, but it seems like just yesterday that I was holding you in my arms for the very first time. Today though, on your 15th birthday, you stand a good 6" taller than me, shave on a regular basis, play big-boy sports like football, and have the broad shoulders of someone twice your age. We'll be going soon to get your Learner's Permit for driving, you talk of getting a job, wanting a serious girlfriend, spreading your wings... and it takes every ounce of strength in my body to let you grow. My instincts all seem to say, "Quick! Hold him tighter! This is your BABY!"
Lucky for you, my mind isn't afraid of my instincts. The rational part of me says, "It's OK, Christina. You've prepared him well to handle what is to come from here."
This is where my heart chimes in..."Yes, he's ready to be a man to the world. That doesn't mean he'll ever stop being your baby."
I have so many hopes and dreams for you, but in all honesty, they're no body's business but ours. Just know that I am forever grateful for the wonderful little boy I brought into this world and am in unending awe of the incredible young man he has become. You hold the wildest of success in the palm of your hands. Don't ever be afraid to be amazing. In fact, I'll accept nothing less.
Happy Birthday, baby. Thank you for everything you do and everything you are. I couldn't be more proud of you.
All of my love, always...
Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home