Wednesday, July 05, 2006

eight years and yesterday...



Dad...

It seems hard to believe it's been eight years since you had to leave us. I still struggle with your absence. I hate that sometimes I can't remember the sound of your voice. As the years pass, and old age sets in (!), I begin to realize more and more what an incredible human being you were--no, are. Your patience rivaled Job's... your tolerance set a new standard... your love of all humanity was an inspiration. I don't ever recall you "hating" any one, or any thing. Thank you for the examples you set for me. Thank you for helping to make me the person I am. Thank you for loving me enough to keep me on the right path. Thank you for being such an important part of Collin's life. And thank you most of all for still being a part of our lives. We may not speak of you every day, but you are always in our hearts. Sleep sweet and rest with God until we see you again.

I love you always...
Nina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home