Friday, May 02, 2008

on a related note...

As previously mentioned, I frequently (re: always), forget to take my reusable shopping bags into the store with me. After today's infamous Kohl's trip, we headed to Target.

We were only picking up a few things, but we had enough on our list that I knew we'd fill at least a bag or two. With this in mind, I grabbed two of the Target reusables and added them to the cart.

While we were checking out, I was distracted by the electronic payment pad (WHY can they not standardize these things?!?) while the clerk did her thing. I looked up just in time to see her putting the last of our items into plastic shopping bags... including the reusables!

As politely as I could muster, I asked her if we could instead put our stuff into the reusable bags. She happily obliged and then put the discarded plastic bags into her trash.

Some days you just can't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home