Tuesday, March 25, 2008

memoirs of a cartman...

I hate finishing a good book.

I know that is kind of the point, right? I mean who picks up a book with the intention of only reading half of it? And for the sake of argument, here, I'm not talking about those books you pick up, read a few pages of, maybe even a few chapters, and then never return to again because there was nothing really there to return to. I'm talking about the books that keep you up until 4:57 am because there hasn't been a break in the story where you are actually willing to close the book covers and get under the bed covers.

That's how I felt at the end of The Outsiders. And again at the end of The Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. And most recently, at the conclusion of Memoirs of a Geisha.

I'm not big on reviewing stuff, mostly because I generally set a pretty low bar for entertainment (which could explain my unnatural obsession with a blogger named Brendon and perpetual fourth graders), so I'm not going to drone on and on about why you have to read Memoirs. I will tell you, however, that I found it to be amazing.

What are YOU reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home