Saturday, April 19, 2008

i'm officially a published artist...


I returned home tonight after an awesome day spent with friends and reluctantly checked the mailbox before heading inside. Much to my surprise, there was a thick white envelope bearing the return post of Rubber Stamp Madness. RSM, as it is affectionately known in the stamping underground, has been around for almost thirty years chronicaling the world of, you guessed it, rubber stamping. Back when I used to care, I submitted four or five pieces that I was incredibly proud of for their consideration. RSM gladly returned them to me in my reluctantly provided self-addressed-stamped-rejection-letter-container-resembling-an-envelope (SASRLCRAE). The expeditious rate at which they completed their round-trip vacation only added to my humiliation.

So you can imagine my surprise, all these years later (OK...two to be exact!), to receive this package emblazoned with the words, "Thank you for your contribution!". Fortunately, I didn't have to flip through too many pages before I saw a very familiar piece featured on page 14.

This is incredibly cool but also bittersweet. More on that twist of fate tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home