Tuesday, March 06, 2007

que pasa a la casa de stina...

There's been a lot going on around here lately, and not much at all. How does that happen?

Tuesdays with the girls has continued to be a success. Last week found me not wanting to cook, so we ordered pizza instead. I love my girlfriends. I hope they feel the same way. Even if I don't call them as often as I should. I better start thinking about tomorrow night's dinner...

Bunco was postponed due to a scheduling conflict, and then pushed back again due to a strep outbreak at the hostess' house. I think we were all willing to forgo a lengthy illness in the name of missing rolling some dice. I'm totally stoked for the next round, though. We're doing a Mardi Gras theme... which will be a little weird now that we're getting closer to the holiest of holy days, where we honor the blessed St. Patrick with lots of kissing and green beer. We have to do the Mardi Gras theme though... I ordered two damn boxes of beads for this shin-dig! Somebody is going to celebrate friggin' Mardi Gras. And they'll look fabulous doing it.

Collin finally decided to go get his Learner's Permit. Regular readers, if I even have any, will remember we started this little adventure back in December with my son's 15th birthday. Fear kept him from jumping in with both feet and heading straight for the DMV once he completed his Drug and Alcohol course. Finally deciding enough was enough, Collin told me last Sunday night he was ready to go test. The first appointment we could get was Wednesday afternoon, but we were there with bells on and birth certificate in hand. He's only been driving twice, both times in mostly empty parking lots. He is doing a wonderful job thus far. My Acura has super-sensitive brake and accelerator pedals, so that's added a bit of a challenge to the learning. He said the thing that surprised him the most was that the car would move even if he wasn't pressing the accelerator. This is something it never would have occurred to me to tell him. Now I know. Tomorrow's the big day to try real road driving for the first time. Nothing too stress inducing... just driving us out of the neighborhood to the main road. If I survive, I'll report back with an update.

1 Comments:

Blogger austere said...

A modern coming of age ritual, eh? Scary, it is.

Friday, March 09, 2007 6:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home