Thursday, March 08, 2007

the universe hates me...

Somebody out there hates me.

I just realized how my next few days will be progressing.

Even if I try REALLY hard, the earliest I am usually able to go to sleep is around 3am. That's if I've been running around all day, accomplishing all kinds of tasks, expending all available energy reserves and basically playing Superwoman. I haven't done shit today.

The problem with this is we have work men scheduled to be here throughout the day tomorrow. Framers are coming to fix the creaky floors on the second story, plumbers are coming to install a new toilet, electricians are coming to fix our outdoor outlets, and drywall people are coming to see what it will take to fix the bulge in my bedroom wall. Why all the activity? Our home warranty expires in about 22 days.

Construction folks don't keep my same schedule. I know. No one keeps my same schedule! The framers are supposed to be the first to arrive tomorrow--sometime between 8:30 and 9am. This is a lie. None of these guys ever come at the time they say they will. If they say they'll be by first thing it the morning, that means 7:30am to them... 8 if you're lucky. There's no WAY they're waiting until 9am to get started. My guess is they will be here at 7:42am. Again, that's just a guess.

The plumbers are due to be here between 12 and 3pm. In "home improvement speak", I know that translates to, "We told your builder we'd be there in the afternoon. That's just when we'll actually call you and tell you we need to reschedule for Monday."


I can't bust on my electricians at all. They've been the only sub-contractors through this crazy, ridiculous building-a-house ride to be on time, able to fix what they came to fix, every time. They're supposed to be here between 1 and 3pm.

That means I'm going to get maybe four hours of sleep, my whole day will be consumed with waiting for or putting up with subs, then there's the doctor's appointment 45 minutes away at 4:30pm, followed by dinner with friends at 7. Dinner will be a blast... but we will be out L-A-T-E. I can sleep after that, though, right? Nope. My niece has a soccer game at 8:30am Saturday
and then we're all going to breakfast. We'll be done with family duty just in time for me to come home and start cooking for Bunco Mardi Gras night! Then it's off to party again... That will be another late night adventure. You would think now I could finally get some rest, but through no fault of my own, I'm going to lose an hour's sleep courtesy of Daylight Savings. I know there's something Sunday, too, but my brain and body can't take any more right now.

I can't imagine having much time to write the next few days. Just keep me in your thoughts and hope I don't lose it all from lack of sleep. Heaven knows, I don't have much left to lose...

Last but not least, while I'm running myself ragged, you should too: How to go crazy in one easy step. (Get all the boy frogs to the right side of the rocks, and all the girl frogs to the left side. To start over, click the red arrow. To save yourself the headache, don't follow the above link.)

5 Comments:

Blogger austere said...

Good luck with the house.

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger ac said...

For many years I had the same sleep pattern you have. My husband would often tease me saying, 'no matter what time in the morning you get up, you actually *wake-up* at 10:30.' Good times.
Now, I get up around 7:30, even if I don't sleep much at all. I miss the good ole days. HA!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Maybe this will help reset your clock.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger ac said...

Hey, Are you up yet? HA!
I just found what you wrote about me and Summer on March 5th. That was so nice of you to say those things. I do heart people... I heart Summer. I'm beginning to heart you too. But it's not MY phrase. (I wish!) That was an interesting post on who you read and why... I'm thinking of doing one of those. Can I copy you?
Summer, if you haven't read that post, go see why she hearts us. HA! ac

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Okay, I did the little game with the frogs. It took me ten times before I got it. I am such a loser!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home